Home > Street Discovery Journey > Taking a Walk through the Streets of Macao > Journey to the Village Community of Mong-Ha District > Seng Wong Temple and The Ancient Kun Iam Temple

Seng Wong Temple and The Ancient Kun Iam Temple

    The Seng Wong Temple was built in 1908, during reign of Emperor Guangxu of Qing dynasty, and underwent restoration in 1947. There are three well-preserved “tokens” in the temple serving as evidence that it was built in 1908, namely the horizontal plaque of the principal hall, the pair of couplets of the main entrance and a stele inscribed with details about the proposal for construction of the temple. 
 
    The Ancient Kun Iam Temple (Goddess of Mercy) is seated adjacent to Seng Wong Temple. Its principal hall is dedicated to Kun Iam, with the effigy of Immortal Loi, God of Wealth, Kam Fa (Golden Flower Lady) and Dou Mou (protector against smallpox) placed on the lateral altars. The date of its construction is untraceable but there is a stele in the temple inscribed with details about its restoration in 1867, which was about 150 years ago, during the reign of Emperor Tongzhi of Qing dynasty.
Address: Avenida do Coronel Mesquita, Macao
Bus Route: 12、18、23、17、28C
Going to next stop: 15 minutes’ walk

Detailed information
The “Chi Sau” Voluntary Team of Mong-Ha Village
Seng Wong Temple and The Ancient Kun Iam Temple