Home > Street Discovery Journey > Taking a Walk through the Streets of Macao > Journey to the Village Community of Mong-Ha District > The S. Francisco Xavier Church

The S. Francisco Xavier Church

    Built in 1907 along the midway of Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira, the S. Francisco Xavier Church underwent reconstruction in 1938 and enlarged in 1951. It is dedicated to S. Francisco Xavier and is also known as S. Francisco Xavier Chapel. So far, there are two churches in Macao named after S. Francisco Xavier, one in Coloane and the other at Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira. Being seated nearby the foot of Mong-Há Hill, it is the only church of the Mong-Há district.
 
Address: Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira no. 114-122, Macao
Bus Route: 12、18、23、16、17、28C
Going to next stop: 3 minutes’ walk

Detailed information
The Canossian Daughters of Charity
The S. Francisco Xavier Church