Home > Street Discovery Journey > Taking a Walk through the Streets of Macao > Military Vestiges of Macao > Mount Fortress

Mount Fortress

  Built circa 1617 by the Jesuits, the Mount Fortress had been used as a defensive fortification by the Portuguese administration of Macao, served as the residence of commanders of city defense and Macao governors and as the premises of the Meteorological Services at different time periods. After 1998, it was transformed into the Macao Museum.
 
Address: Caminho dos Artilheiros, no.795, Macao
Bus Route: 2、7、N1B、N3、3、3A、3X、10、10A、11、18、21A、5、26A、33 (Within 15 minutes of walking distance from the bus-stop at Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro)

Detailed information
Society of Jesus
Mount Fortress