Avenida de Carlos da Maia

  Avenida de Carlos da Maia begins at Calçada do Quartel in the southwest and ends at Largo do Carmo in the northeast. It is named after José Carlos da Maia, the 105th governor of Macao. The Portuguese government of Macao also named another place in the Macao Peninsula after him. It is Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, also known to the public as the Three Lamps.
  The Carmo Hall, which was formerly the Macao Electric Lighting Company Limited, is located on the midway of Calçada do Quartel, at the southern entrance of the road. Further up to the right is Escola Dom João Paulino, well canopied by trees. The Church of Our Lady of Carmel, completed on 15 September 1885, stands atop the slope and overlooks the famous scenic area around The Taipa Houses-Museum down the hill.

Avenida de Carlos da Maia