Rua Correia da Silva

  Rua Correia da Silva is named after Henrique Monteiro Correia da Silva, one of the governors of Macao. During his governance, Edifício das Repartições Públicas na Taipa (Public Administration Building of Taipa) was completed in 1921. It was the administrative organ of the island and was referred to as the “Yamen” by the senior islanders. The Portuguese government by then named the street lying on the eastern side of this building as Rua Correia da Silva.
  With the handover of Macao to the People’s Republic of China, the “Yamen”, a symbol of colonial rule, was converted into the Museum of Taipa and Coloane History. Estabelecimento de Comidas Tam Chai Yu Chun on the right of the street was originally the side hall of Tin Hao Temple in Taipa. It was once the premises of the privately-run Confucius School, before becoming a restaurant. Heading north, a traditional Chinese-style architecture, the 3-storey Pou Shun Pawnshop, stands on the western side of the street.

Rua Correia da Silva