Estrada do Cemitério

  It begins at Avenida do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida and Rua Filipe O'C osta in the east and meets Rua de Tomás Vieira, Rua de Sanches de Miranda and Rua de Jorge Álvares in the west.
  Estrada do Cemitério got its name from St. Miguel Arcanjo Cemetery  (old cemetery) built in 1854 on its northern section. It was already documented in 1869 as one of the few roads lying beyond the northern city wall that was given a name by the Portuguese.
  In 1925, the office building of Associação da Caixa Escolar (Associação Promotora da Instrução dos Macaenses) was constructed at the northern section of Estrada do Cemitério near Campo Desportivo do Tap Seac. The Chapel of St. Miguel was built within St. Miguel Arcanjo Cemetery  in 1875, where the Macao government holds annual public memorial service. Many notables of the Chinese and Portuguese communities, like Coronel Mesquita, Camilo Pessanha, Ho Yin and D. Domingos Lam Ka-tseung, are buried in the cemetery.

Estrada do Cemitério