Rua de Eduardo Marques

  Rua de Eduardo Marques begins at Estrada do Cemitério in the north and extends to Calçada da Igreja de S. Lázaro and Rua de S. Miguel in the south.
  On 7 January, 1933, Rua do Asilo was renamed as “Rua de Eduardo Marques” to commemorate Eduardo Augusto Marques, a former governor of Macao. 
  Albergue da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Macau lies along this history-laden street. As it was previously used as a place of refuge and elderly home, it is known as the “Old Ladies’ House” in Chinese. In June 1984, it was classified as a building under heritage protection and was subsequently transformed into the “Cultural and Creative Space of Albergue da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Macau”.
  The Social Security Fund of the Macao SAR Government was founded on 23 March, 1990 with its office seated in a two-storey Portuguese-style building at Rua de Eduardo Marques facing Albergue da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Macau.


Rua de Eduardo Marques