Rua de Cinco de Outubro

  Rua de Cinco de Outubro is also known as “Rua Sei Mang”, for there was a pier named “Sei Mang” nearby dated back over a century ago. After the periphery of the pier was turned into a street, it was named “Rua Sei Mang”. In October 1910, a revolution broke out in Portugal to bring about the first Republican government. “Rua Sei Mang” was renamed “Rua de Cinco de Outubro” by the Portuguese administration of Macao to commemorate the triumph of the revolution in Portugal.
  The centennial street had once been concentrated by teahouses in Macao. The well-known ones were Luk Kwok Teahouse (formerly named Tak Sum Teahouse), Dai Long Fong Teahouse (formerly named Tak Loi Teahouse) and Koon Nam Teahouse. In 1937 and 1962, Tai Heng Entertainment Company and Sociedade de Turismo e Diversões de Macau, the well-known gaming companies at the time, opened casinos in the street in succession. 
  In the mid-section of the street stands the Bazaar Temple (full name: Hong Chan Kuan Temple) built in 1860.

Rua de Cinco de Outubro