Rua da Barca

  Rua da Barca begins at the section of Estrada de Adolfo Loureiro near Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira and ends in front of Rua de João de Araújo and Rua da Pedra.
  The street got its name from the ferry boats (“barca” in Portuguese) that docked and plied near the Lin Kai Watercourse. The Portuguese administration of Macao announced the Portuguese name of the street as Rua da Barca in 1869.
  The New Lin Kai Temple was constructed along the waterfront to the right of Lin Kai Watercourse in 1830. The building numbered 54 at Rua da Barca had once been the premises of the Workers’ Union of the Shipbuilding Industry of Macao founded in 1946.

Rua da Barca