Travessa do Auto Novo

  Travessa do Auto Novo, also known as "Ching Ping San Kai" or "Ching Ping Chek Kai" in Chinese, derived its name from the Ching Ping Theatre.
  Ching Ping Theatre is the first Chinese theatre in Macao. In 1870, the then Macao governor asked Vong Lok and his son to build the theatre, which opened in 1873. From 1952 onwards, the Theatre was used chiefly for film screenings until it ceased operations in 1992 and was left abandoned.
  In the past, there were once many tea houses and restaurants along the network of streets named after Ching Ping. Since the 1980s, many restaurants, bakeries and souvenir shops took root and thrived, making the street one of the three main thoroughfares selling souvenirs in Macao.

Travessa do Auto Novo