Home > History of Parishes and Streets > Parish of Sé > Rua de Pedro Nolasco da Silva

Rua de Pedro Nolasco da Silva

  Rua de Pedro Nolasco da Silva received its name in 1942 in commemoration of the former Director of Leal Senado, Pedro Nolasco da Silva. In the old days, there was a hospital and a shop selling White Horse Scotch Whisky on the street, thus, the local Chinese also called it "Hospital Street", "Temple of Healing Street" and "White Horse Shop Street".
  Buildings with strong cultural background, including Tio U Toi, Chou’s, Ng’s and Pao’s Mansions, were once located here. However, among such historical buildings, only the Centro Commercial Teatro Capitol, Hospital de São Rafael and a few small mansions remain, as the others have since been rebuilt into new blocks.

Rua de Pedro Nolasco da Silva