Home > History of Parishes and Streets > Parish of Sé > Estrada de S. Francisco

Estrada de S. Francisco

  Estrada de S. Francisco was named during the period between 1897 and 1905. "Ka Si Lan" is a direct translation from Portuguese, as well as the name of the nearby convent, St. Francisco. This name was so well received that the fortress beside the convent was also named after it. Gradually, its garden also became known as St. Francisco garden, the street named Estrada de S. Francisco and the barracks, St. Francisco Barracks. Unfortunately, the convent was demolished in the 19th century.

Estrada de S. Francisco