Travessa dos Anjos

  In 1869, the Portuguese administration gave Travessa dos Anjos its name, meaning "the alley of angels". This name was warmly welcomed by both the Chinese and Portuguese, and many wealthy Chinese businessmen built grand mansions in the area.
  On Travessa dos Anjos, many mansions of wealthy Chinese businessmen were once used as schools, forming what was known as the "lane of schools". No. 37 on Travessa dos Anjos was the location of the Song’s Mansion, wherein the railed shutters on the façade of the mansion have been preserved as heritage architecture.

Travessa dos Anjos